GrowthAdvisor HQ™ – Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded in a browser. They are widely used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors and perform essential functions such as allowing users to register and remain logged in. Cookies may be set by the site that you are visiting (known as “first-party cookies”), or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (“third party cookies”).
Both websites and HTML emails may also contain other tracking technologies such as “web beacons” or “pixels.” These are typically small transparent images that provide us with statistics, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your computer in the same way. As a result, if you disable cookies, web beacons may still load, but their functionality will be restricted.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on a device. Cookies may enable us to capture and compile statistical information about how you use our online services, including information relating to your device’s IP address, the frequency of your visits, readership data (such as the average length of visits, which pages are viewed or shared during a visit or other interactions with our content, such as time spent viewing videos, PDFs read and links clicked), authentication information, acceptance or rejection of website terms, and periods of inactivity.
Our online services also use web beacons. Web beacons are invisible tags and may be placed on a web page, in advertisements, or in an email or other messages. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular device visits a particular page. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit this Website from a particular advertisement or who enroll in service after viewing a particular advertisement.
How We Use These Technologies
We, our service providers, and third-party business partners use information collected from cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies for the following purposes:
● to allow our online services to operate as you have requested;
● to understand how our online services are accessed and used;
● to recognize you when you return to this Website;
● to assess the effectiveness of advertising and readership content;
● to deliver marketing communications that may be of interest to you, including ads or offers tailored to you; and
● for other purposes described above under “Use of Collected Information.”
We may combine the information that we collect through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies with other personal information we have collected from you from both online and offline sources.
We work with service providers to promote its products and services both on this Website and other websites. For example, if you visit a page on this Website or third party websites that provides information about a GrowthAdvisor Service, a cookie may be placed on your browser or device that identifies the product you viewed. This information allows us, our service providers, and our third-party business partners to deliver more relevant and tailored content, such as ads for that particular product.
Cookies are small, usually randomly encoded, text files that help your browser navigate through this Website. The cookie file is generated by this Website when you access it and is accepted and processed by your computer’s browser software or when you interact with us on-line. The cookie file is stored in your browser’s folder or subfolder.
Cookies and similar technology enable GrowthAdvisor to capture and compile statistical information about how you use this Website and interact with us online, including information relating to the frequency of visits, IP addresses, readership data, (such as the average length of visits, which pages are viewed or shared during a visit or other interactions with our content such as time spent viewing videos, PDFs read and links clicked), authentication information, acceptance or rejection of website terms, periods of inactivity, time zones, language preferences, and other regional information.
We, our associated firms and/or other persons acting on our or their behalf use this information for the following purposes:
● To assess the effectiveness of advertising and readership content;
● To improve the website content and performance;
● To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
● To speed up your searches;
● To enable log in and authentication when you log onto this Website;
● To recognize you when you return to this Website;
● To deliver a better and more personalized service by allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests; and
● To deliver marketing communications that may be of interest to you, including ads or offers tailored to you.
Information held in cookies or similar tracking technology set by GrowthAdvisorHQ is kept to a minimum and can only be read by GrowthAdvisorHQ, our associate firms, their authorized third parties, or by someone who has physical access to your personal computer.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
- Many web browsers allow you to control the use of most cookies through their browser settings. To learn more about cookies, including information on what cookies have been set on your computer and how cookies can be managed and deleted, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
- This Website may use Google Analytics to track your activity. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- This Website may use Adobe Analytics to track your activity. To opt-out of being tracked by Adobe Analytics across all websites visit: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
- In addition to the cookies noted above, this Website may also serve third-party cookies, which allows us, our service providers, and our third-party business partners to deliver more relevant and tailored content. For more information about the specific cookies that may be served, and to opt-out of receiving these cookies, look here: https://www.fullstory.com/optout; here: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#terms; and here: https://www.fullcontact.com/privacy-center/.
Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will reject cookies, our system will issue cookies when you access or use this Website or online services. By accessing or using this Website or online Services you consent to GrowthAdvisor using cookies. In the event you refuse to accept cookies by adjusting your browser setting, some or all areas of this Website or online Services may not function properly or may not be accessible.
© 2020 GrowthAdvisor HQ. All rights reserved.